Need a private work space? Or a lab bench? Schedule a tour and see all the amazing amenities FOCUS studio offers!
FOCUS Innovation Studio is the product of a tireless partnership between the Gasser Family Trust and Innovation Properties Group.
Today, FOCUS thrives in the beloved landmark Adolph Gasser Photography Building, located in the heart of San Francisco’s SoMa District. The redevelopment of the project was executed with unwavering attention towards maintaining the building’s storied history in innovation and the arts.
Landmark Adolph Gasser Photography Building
Adolph Gasser, the owner and founder of Gasser Photography, was an absolute innovator in every sense of the word. One of the most paramount inventions by Mr. Gasser was the development of a photographic technology that was used in B-29 Bombers in World War II. His technology and equipment was able to capture clear images while in extreme cold elevations and in turn provided the Air Force with accurate mapping intel for strategic airstrikes.
Throughout the years, Mr. Adolph Gasser maintained his technical passion and innovative spirit, designing The Big Eye sports camera, developed special enlarged photographs for Ansel Adams (one of his best friends) and also invented a state-of-the-art strobe unit used in an unopened Egyptian Pyramid.
Mr. Gasser discovered many technical breakthroughs throughout his career and his spirit of innovation is truly felt by the members of the FOCUS family. It is truly a special place and we hope you stop by for a visit sometime.
FOCUS is located in the South of Market’s (aka SoMa) district which its multifaceted character brings together all sorts of people. Tech-savvy entrepreneurs rub elbows with well-read bohemian types, world-class artists and the FOCUS adjacent SF MoMA curators share these sidewalks.
Hip bars, clubs, and specialty coffee cafes hide within SoMa’s converted historic “brick and timber” warehouses. Ironically, this revitalized district now boasts the highest commercial rent districts in all of San Francisco, and FOCUS is smack dab in the heart of it.
On game day, visitors to SoMa include those looking to hear the crack of the bat—this neighborhood is the home of the San Francisco Giants which is only a few blocks away.
At FOCUS Innovation Studio, you will work alongside many diverse start-ups with access to 6,000+ square feet of shared amenities and 13,000+ square feet of open workspace. FOCUS cultivates a phenomenal community in a landmark building at competitive rates.
- Yerba Buena
- Startup People
- Mixed Use
- Global Tech Scene
FOCUS has some of the best rates in town and we still provide all of this!
- Color printing by MRC Global
- IT Services hosted by MRC Global
- Fax and scanning by MRC Global
- Reception and security service
- Fresh Pete’s Coffee by Associated Coffee House
- Dedicated company mailbox dark stained wood drawer with brass tag
- Video conferencing system with lifesize Icon 600 10x HD cameras
- Screening room equipped with a high end Epson PowerLite LCD projector (6k lumens)
- Sound insulated meeting pods, conference room, and phone booths
- Secure key card access to the building
- 24 Hour security surveillance and monitoring
- Discount membership to nearby Crunch Fitness
- A genuine friend-based community, as FOCUS’ first 50 members were friends first. The vibe of honesty, protection and loyalty is felt on every floor.
- 181 2nd Street
- Blue Bottle Coffee
- Transbay Terminal Park
- Salesforce Tower
- Riverbed Technology
- Whole Foods
- South Park
- Giants Stadium
- Crunch Fitness
- Mascone Center
- Ferry Building